Amadeus API is an application programming interface allows travel agent to integrate travel related contents into their website or application that helps them distribute the services so that the targeted clients receives the required results out of it. When you connect yourself with this API, you become capable of providing your audience out of the box service related to travel. It’s a leading GDS, offering customers a complete range of services in booking tickets online as well as to search and select from the major global airline and hotel inventory around the world along with small-budget air carriers.
Amadeus GDS API Integration is an effective tool for searching and booking services supplied by the service providers. When you connect your existing website with Amadeus, it gives you access to the airline inventory, where you will get a large content of data, so that you can distribute it among your customers. The basic facilities are:
- Search for one/round way flights
- Search for flights by city or airport
- View flight fares
- Booking tickets
- Detailed search by arrival/departure time, flexible dates, air carrier, class, direct flights
- Filter flight search results by price, air carrier, flight duration etc.
- Search or air tickets by ticket no, passenger name
- Cancel tickets
- Use frequent flyer programs
Apart from flight related services, it also connects you with hotels from across the world, so that you can offer your clients accommodation facilities too. Basic features of Amadeus hotel modules:
- Search for a hotel by city name, hotel name, category and dates of stay
- Availability of rooms
- View detailed information on hotel
- View price breakdown per day of hotels
- Send order comments to the suppliers
- Manage and cancel hotel bookings
- Filter search results by price, hotel, location, dates etc.
Having a secure and scalable platform is undoubtedly an important component to run a business smoothly. The travel industry is highly competitive and agents demand for a high-tech solution that can scale up to match their needs. GDS is undoubtedly the best contribution to the travel industry and it is because of GDS API, buyers and sellers of travel firm are coming together to make the process convenient for the common people.
Millennial travelers prefer booking flight tickets from online booking platform provided by travel agencies, as it offers them wide range of options on flight booking. To sum up the sentence, it would be better to say that travel agencies are collaborating with the largest inventory of airlines and through a web-based network, they are receiving real time data and distributing it among consumers. So, undoubtedly Amadeus is favorable for both travel agencies and airline and hotel industry.