Liposuction removes excess fat and loose skin. However, a smooth and attractive body contour cannot be achieved without skin tightening. Most cosmetic surgical procedures involve fat removal followed by skin tightening to create a firmer, smoother appearance. Skin tightening is included in procedures like laser assisted Smartlipo Triplex and Radiofrequency assisted BodyTite.
Why Is Skin Tightening Important?
Liposuction works by breaking up excess fat cells beneath the surface of the skin so that they can be removed using a cannula. It removes unwanted fat cells and reduces the size of your body's fat deposits and makes them less visible. Once the excess fat is removed the skin starts sagging.
Loose, sagging skin is common after liposuction surgery. This saggy skin should be tightened. The skin may contract naturally as healing progresses and this may be quicker for people with good skin elasticity. The skin can also be tightened in a separate procedure. Tightening of the skin involves inserting an instrument under the skin and tightening the underlying tissues. The loose sagging skin is lifted and the tissue structures are repositioned to give the body a smooth look.
Having this procedure done after your liposuction will make your body smoother, firmer and more attractive. The areas where the skin is most frequently tightened are the abdomen, arms, buttocks, face and neck. Skin tightening can also be performed on other areas like the knees, thighs, neck and breasts. It enhances body contour and improves the overall body profile.
The main advantages of skin tightening are:
· Smoother skin
· Tighter skin
· Remove shadows and dimples caused by cellulite
· Create a more youthful appearance
· Stimulate skin to produce collagen and elastin
· Improve the texture of the skin
· Reduce fine lines and folds on the skin
Body Contouring Techniques that combine Fat Removal and Skin Tightening
With advancements in technology, liposuction modalities now provide skin tightening effects in addition to fat removal. The following minimally invasive procedures provide superior skin tightening effects:
· Smartlipo Triplex - This is a minimally-invasive workstation t uses laser energy to remove stubborn fat and tighten the skin. It uses three laser wavelengths of 1064nm, 1320nm, and 1440nm in single or blended mode to provide optimal results. Smartlipo Triplex has the intelligent delivery systems that prevent overtreatment and allow the surgeon to sculpt your body to perfection.
· BodyTite™ - BodyTite uses an advanced RFAL™ technology to provide safe, gentle and sophisticated body contouring. It removes fat, tightens skin and improves the appearance of cellulite, while simultaneously contouring and firming the body.
· VASERlipo - The VASERlipo system uses ultrasound technology to contour the body precisely. It provides superior results in just one procedure, without the discomfort and long recovery time associated with conventional lipo treatments. The procedure is tissue-selective, targeting fat while protecting other tissues from damage, and also tightens the skin.
· InMode Evoke: This is a body contouring solution helps tone and remodel different parts of the body. This treatment uses radiofrequency energy to break down the fat, tone the muscles and remodel the skin. This treatment also addresses cellulite and imperfections such as vascular lesions, spider veins, port wine stains, and leg veins.
Factors that affect skin elasticity
· How long you carry your weight – the longer your skin was stretched, the harder it is to bounce back
· Age – the older you get, the less elastic your skin will be
· General health – healthy skin has good elasticity
· Rate of weight loss – if you lost weight slowly over a longer period, your skin has time to adjust with your weight
· Genes – the elasticity of your skin is often impacted by genetic factors
Skin tightening after fat removal will give the body a smoother, firmer and tighter appearance. Innovative liposuction treatment options like laser-assisted Smartlipo Triplex, BodyTite and so on not only break down and remove excess fat, but also tighten the skin.