Now that you are in the final year of your master’s program. You must be required to write a thesis or a dissertation. These dissertations are the doorway to generate new knowledge on a particular subject. The dissertation serves as the portal from previous researches to new researches. Critically analyzing and reviewing existing knowledge on a particular topic to support any current research problem is known as literature Review.
When a writer starts to write a dissertation. He has to read many literature sources to acquire knowledge about the past and current state knowledge about the subject. Therefore, a researcher is required analytically overview of the published material in order to find out the notable theories, lacking and history about the subject.
However, students still get perplexed with the writing phenomenon of the literature review. They may hire Dissertation Writing Services for accomplishing the task for them. In case if they are determinant to do it their way, these blogs entail the tips to write a literature review.
Structure of Literature Review:
Introduction: An introductory paragraph of literature review starts with introducing the topic in-depth. IT states the reputation of the subject. An introduction contains details about the previous researches that have been conducted on a particular topic. It states most of the controversies related to the topic that has created in regards to the topic. Other than controversies an introduction entails all the earlier assumptions and insights about the background history of the topic. An introduction in the end also summarizes the thesis statement or purpose of the research. An introduction helps a reader to understand the process of reviewing literature further.
Body: The body paragraph function to research and investigate the topic in-depth. It investigates researches on a deeper level by stating the major themes or topic. The body section of the literature review is divided into heading and sub-heading dealing with important fact and figures separately. The body paragraph incorporates the findings of published researched work with relevance to the current research work. It highlights the trends, fashion, findings, details and the major researches which agree or disagree with the research problem. It also contains the viewpoint of different researchers and methodologies used for conducting researches.
Concluding Literature Review: A literature review is concluded with explaining or summarizing different viewpoints of the researchers. It is also summarized with the pieces of evidence collected from published researches. In the concluding paragraph, a researcher states all the facts and figures about the research relating them with the current research problem. A researcher should also state the significance of the previous researches with regards to the current research. Also, it is necessary to state the loopholes in the previous researcher which research will focus to fulfill in the current dissertation.
Tips to Write a Literature Review:
- Researching From Sources: For writing a literature review you need to review several published research journals, books, and statement. It is important for a researcher to retrieve information from various subjects in order to support the research problem.
- Key theme: While writing the literature review, it is important to keep in mind that it should not entail information about the main research problem only. Rather it should include information about all the research objectives of the research problem. Therefore, a researcher should state the key themes or topic on each paragraph to give proper sense to the reader.
- Critique the Literature: A literature review should not only incorporate the data collected for a research problem. It should also include the viewpoints of the researcher with respect to the current situation. A researcher should critique the literature and he may also write his opinion on the lacking an assumption in the published literature. It will help to keep the reader hooked.
- Show Literature Significance: Incorporating different researches is not enough in the literature review. A researcher should prominent the significance of each research work included in the literature review to mark their importance in the field.
- Avoid Plagiarism: A literature review should not look like re-telling the same content of previous researches. Rather a researcher should be smart enough to execute the literature review in his own words. It will eliminate the chance4s of plagiarism in your dissertation.
- Formatting: While writing a literature review it is important to ensure the format requirement of your institute. The format usually contrast from one institute to another. Therefore, to ensure your high grades it is important to check what is required of you.