As you know, it is not that easy to get pregnant these days. There are a lot of factors that can affect pregnancy. Diabetes can affect both fertility and reproductive health in both women and men. Moreover, it can cause many hormonal disruptions, which results in failed implantation. Those who have poor quality sperm might prone to diabetes. There are many people out there that experience infertility. Since Diabetes is known to cause infertility, it is must to maintain the hormone levels.
Cause of Diabetes
Glucose is the most important source of energy for the human body. The glucose requirement of the body depends based on the hormone level. Insulin generation affects the glucose requirement of our human body. If glucose requirement doesn’t fit your body, you may notice diabetes or glucose tolerance conditions.
Types of Diabetes
Diabetes is of two types -Type 1 Diabetes and Type 2 Diabetes.
• Type 1 Diabetes – If the pancreas cannot produce enough insulin, it is known as Type 1 Diabetes
• Type 2 Diabetes – If Diabetes cannot produce enough insulin, it is called Type 2 Diabetes.
Why Diabetes affects female infertility
Studies have shown that metabolic effects that diabetes make affects the regular menstrual cycle and delay the puberty and menarche. The potential results of such kind of infertility are childbirth and full-time gestation.
How does it affect fertility?
Genitourinary infections: women with diabetes are more prone to infections, and it damages the reproductive organs include uterus and fallopian tubes.
• Pregnancy complications: Congenital defects and miscarriages are the most important complications of diabetes.
• Decreased libido: well, the decreased libido is also the cause of infertility. Depression, anxiety, and tiredness are the main cause of decreased libido. Because of the less vaginal lubrication, many women experience pain during sex.
How does type 1 diabetes affect female fertility?
• Anti-sperm activities: Diabetes can create antibodies that easily attack the sperms and prevent it from the penetration.
• Anovulation: Women who experience hormonal imbalance, chronic mental illness, ovarian failure, pituitary failure, etc are prone to Anovulation. This disrupts the hypothalamic pulsatile secretion of the GnRH cells.
How does type 2 diabetes affect female IVF fertility?
Moreover, obesity always affects menstrual cycles. It also leads to the polycystic ovarian syndrome. The metabolic disorder is characterized by the additional number of androgens. Hence, women with PCOS issues have insulin resistance; thus, it becomes difficult to generate the hormone level.
Insulin sensitivity also establishes adiponectin, which is the hormone that prevents obesity. Women with lower levels of adiponectin can cause poor sensitivity that enables fat to break down automatically. The modern dietary and the hectic lifestyle affects the general cause of fertility, and the Type 2 Diabetes can occur in the postmenopausal women.
Obesity is also the cause of Type 2 diabetes. Since Diabetes can affect female fertility, women are advised to seek medical attention and take the proper diet accordingly.
The author write the content on the behalf of best ivf treatment in mumbai. For more information you can visit here: ivf centre in mumbai