Looking to pay your Income Tax by registering on some of the leading websites in India that lets you file ITR easily? By devoting some time, you can easily opt for online return file of your income tax.
To help you avail the services of some free websites and to make the ITR process a cakewalk, this post will help you. Have a look.
Before we list out those websites, you should also know some of the other elements of e-filing your income tax returns.
Documents Required for e-Filing Your Income Tax in India
Here is the relevant document checklist that you first need to furnish before e-filing your income tax in India.
- PAN Card
- Form 16 (you can still e-file the ITR even if you don’t have Form 16)
- Bank statements and bank passbook
- Statements of your fixed deposits, if any
- Exemptions proofs such as rent receipts for HRA, tickets for LTA, and medical expenses’ receipts
- Investment proofs under the Section 80E
- Home loan interest proofs
- Proof of investments as per the Section 80D
- Statement denoting the share transactions
Leading free ITR filing websites at a glance
1) Income Tax Website of the Central Government
When it comes to e-filing your ITR, nothing can beat the official website of the Central Government whose URL is www.incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in It lets you file your income tax online free of cost as you can register on it within minutes. If you are already registered, you can quickly file the ITR as it makes the online return file simple. You can also fill the offline form by downloading it, again login on the website, and e-file with uploading return option. Hence, filling the ITR online by logging in and by filling relevant details becomes simple.
This is a government approved portal to help you go with the online return file of the ITR. The website has provisions for many facilities such as:
- Letting you fill the form manually or let the system do it
- Enables a user with step by step guidance on the filing of the ITR
- There are no charges or fees if you are a woman, senior citizen and Indian Defense Personnel
- Provides the effective management, liabilities, refund and NRI’s e-filing
- You can also ask for extra services by making some payments
- If you need someone to assist you, professionals such as CAs are available at a charge
Taxmile is another Government approved website with the facility to e-file your income tax. You can avail some facilities on it such as:
- Free option for e-file the ITR for individuals whose net taxable income is less than Rs.5 lakh
- In case if you are availing the free service, you need to enter all data manually
- It’s a bit complicated when it comes to the ease of handling it and compared to others
- You can also avail some other financial services after paying a charge
- If you want them to e-file your Income Tax, you can just upload a copy of your Form-16 and pay some upfront charge of up to Rs.500 or more
The Bottom Line
If you are a salaried professional, you need to file your income tax returns if you come in the range of tax paying individuals. However, you need not worry as e-filing facility is available free or by paying a nominal fee.
If you have some funding needs, Bajaj Finserv has some amazing pre-approved offers on personal loans, home loans, business loans and more. You can check your pre-approved offer and save a considerable amount of time.